The vision for LUNARC is to be a natural hub for e-science and e-infrastructure at LU providing powerful and easy-to-use resources for computation, visualization and storage.
LUNARC has 3 main focus areas:
- Scientific exploration using computational tools such as computer simulation and machine learning (AI/ML).
- Create an understanding of data through visualization.
- High-performance storage resources supporting data analysis and computation.
The foundation for these focus areas are:
- Expertise – System and application experts supporting the researchers in all areas.
- Training – Offer researchers training, so that they can utilize LUNARC's resources in efficient ways.
- Hardware – Provide state-of-the-art hardware enabling new research.
LUNARC also collaborates with MAX IV, InfraVis as well as the upcoming new national infrastructure NAISS.