Introduction to HPC - 21 May 2015
The course provides an introduction to the high-performance computing (HPC) environment offered at Lunarc. The course gives a better understanding of how the systems work and how they can be used.
Many of the concepts discussed in the course will also apply to system hosted at other HPC centres in Sweden (SNIC) or beyond (e.g. Prace). Participation is open to all existing and prospective users of HPC from Swedish institutions.
- An introduction to the UNIX environment required to use the Lunarc systems
- An overview of the Lunarc systems
- How to access the systems and utilise the system software
- The purpose of the different file systems and how to manage data
- The principles of the queue system and how to submit and manage jobs
- Applications in Python using NumPY/SciPY on the Lunarc resources
- Using Matlab on the Lunarc systems
The course is delivered as lectures together with “hands-on” practical sessions. The teaching language will be English.
Participants should bring their own laptop with access to the wireless network within Lund University (e.g. have eduroam access).
The course will be taught by Lunarc staff.
Time and venue
The course will be held on the 21st May 2015. It will start at 9:00 in the morning and close at 16:30. The course will take place in Design Centrum, room DC210.
When registering, please make sure you provide a working mobile number to be able to receive SMS on the day of the course.
Your laptop needs to be able to connect to the internet via LU NETLOGON oreduroam. This needs to be arranged prior to attending the course
You need to bring the mobile phone, whose number you entered into the registration form to receive one-time passwords over SMS.
- To access the Lunarc HPC systems participants are encouraged to install the client for the Lunarc HPC desktop on their system.
- Windows users may want to install
Questions regarding this course should be directed to Lunarc using the support form