A virtual open-house on computing, visualisation and data processing
You are invited to a virtual meeting room. Inside the meeting room we like to discuss the services offered by the SNIC centres and how they can be used for your computational needs, help you process your data and visualise your results. Participants are highly encouraged to pose their own questions. Discussion topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Computing and storage resources offered
- Using interactive desktop services allowing graphical tools to directly interact with your data on the cluster
- Day-to-day interaction with the cluster, job queues, software stack
- Workflows and workflow improvements
- Questions regarding data storage, handling of sensitive data, etc.
- Options if you current systems (e.g. laptop/desktop) do not satisfy your needs
- Solutions to inadequate performance of existing local compute solutions (e.g. workstation, laptop)
- Problem reports, usability issues
- Software development, code parallelisation, debuggers, performance investigations
- Computing and storage
A number of SNIC staff members will attend the session, offering a broad area of expertise. The event is open to Swedish academics using LUNARC/SNIC resources and academics interested in using the resources in the future.
The next zoom-ins are scheduled for:
- 10 February from 14:00 until 15:00
Participation is via zoom-link. The link will be published on this web page on the morning of the 10th.
You can send your question/input in advance in the ways described on the page for contact options. Please mention the “zoom-in” in your enquiry.